Wednesday, May 4, 2011

WTF is an "open relationship" REALLY?!?!


An open relationship is a relationship in which the participants are free to have emotional and/or physical relationships with other partners, often within mutually agreed limits. If a couple in an open relationship are married, it can be called an open marriage. (via Wikipedia)

OK...THIS FUCKERY RIGHT HERE IS THAT BULLSHIT!

Lemme break this shit down right fast. If there are a group of 100 people that "start out" with the mind set that an "open relationship" can work for them, I can almost guarantee you that 87 of them won't make it!  You gotta be pretty strong minded, understanding, and OPEN (key word), in order to even say that you can deal with an open relationship! Ask yourself this question: "If my man/woman walks out the door to go out with someone else, can I look them in the face and act like the shit didn't happen?".  If you answered yes, and are true with yourself, you might be one of the chosen few that will experience the best that life has to offer.

Is there something wrong with being in love with a man/woman, but wanting some “new new”?  Maybe you want to test your skills, and see if what makes him or her scream to the top of their lungs, will do the same for the next man.  Or, is it that you are trying to save your relationship and feel that being “open” is possibly the last chance you have for survival?

I will say this, it isn’t for the weak at heart, yet I feel as though it can be very healthy.  I think of humans as mammals (which we are), put on this planet to procreate, and not meant to be with the same partner for the rest of our lives. And don’t get me wrong, I love my boyfriend with all of my heart, but don’t think it doesn’t cross my mind that he might be “tired” or “bored” with the same ol’, same ol’.

And should one be worried about what the other does when one isn’t around?  Why not be like Mario Winans and just go with the “I don’t wanna know” aspect of things? They say “What you don’t know won’t hurt you”.  Makes me wonder when I see people on Facebook in these “open relationships”, but you got 2-3 females going at each other on the page.  Should you tell your “main” what you do outside of y’alls relationship, or should you just be happy they come back home at all?  It should be like the military, “Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell”. It would make things a lot safer right? *shrugs shoulders*

Could it all be so simple?

What do you think?

~Jennevieve

No comments:

Post a Comment